Searching for a web hosting solution for your site? Learn what a dedicated server is and discover the main reasons to make a switch to it.
After having emerged on the market, dedicated servers have been considerably improved and turned into a pretty affordable and very efficient solution for web hosting. A lot of dedicated servers for website are suitable for both businesses and individuals who need to manage resource-hungry websites. They come with a lot of interesting features and provide a large amount of resources.
What is a Dedicated Server?
A dedicated server is a hosting solution that belongs to one user only. In other words, you don’t have to share it with other users: all the resources (RAM, storage, processing capacity) are at your disposal. This is a decently large reserve of resources or power for projects of any scale that’s topped off with excellent security and high redundancy.
Why Choosing a Dedicated Server?
What else makes a dedicated server a perfect option for website? Here are the major reasons to opt for this hosting solution.
1. Root access and total freedom. In order to handle ever-growing traffic on your website, you need a highly efficient and productive server. What also matters is the possibility to set it up as you wish: with a dedicated server you have root access and can install any software, tools and applications you need. What’s cool is that this option goes by default: you don’t have to pay for managing your server. When your hosting environment is perfectly customized, serving visitors becomes so much easier!
2. Distribute priorities. You decide on how memory and CPU are used: there’s a possibility to balance server load according to your demands.
3. Possibility to handle traffic spikes. A dedicated server is a reliable and powerful hosting solution that has advanced configurations. That allows managing traffic efficiently even in case of unexpected surge: you have a lot of resources at your disposal, and may even scale in case of planned growth (if your provider allows that).
4. It’s a way to save money. Your website is already pretty popular, but you’re still on a shared server? Probably, if you permanently overload it, you can pay pretty much for resources. Some providers even penalize users for exceeding resource limits. Analyze your expenses: maybe it will turn out that you can actually save money with a dedicated server.
5. Top security. High security level is a number one concern for all websites. While shared server can only put your project under threat, a dedicated server guarantees safety. There’s no need to worry that some users will take your share of resources, or their malignant websites will spoil the authority of yours – there are simply no other owners.
6. The market is full of different solutions, and you can always find a dedicated server with a configuration tailored to your needs. It doesn’t matter what your website specializes on – eCommerce, games, banking, database, and so on, because advanced providers can always figure out a suitable solution.
A dedicated server is a superb web hosting option that will charge your website with a tremendous amount of resources. Today, this is the most advanced option for web hosting, and though it’s not the cheapest variant around, its cost is totally justified by benefits it provides.